The next Liturgies are on Sunday 18th September and Sunday 25th September at 10:00. There is normally a contribution meal after the Liturgy on the last Sunday of the month.
- Father Patrick is visiting on Sunday 18th September and Fr Thomas is visiting on Sunday 25th September.
- The Holywell Pilgrimage is on Saturday October 1st. Liturgy at 10:30 above the well. Procession to the well after the liturgy. Bring a packed lunch. Vespers at 15:00.
- There will be an anointing service at 19:00 on Tuesday 4th October at St Elisabeth's. Fr Paul hopes that this will become a reasonably regular service.
- Christopher Edwards has let me know that Choral Evensong on BBC Radio 3 on Wednesday 14th September is from The Danilov Monastery in Moscow. Do try to listen if you can. It goes out at 15:30 and is a recording of Vespers of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross. You can catch up with it on BBC Iplayer as well.
- The next choir practice will be announced shortly. These take place at Father Paul's house CH43 2HY
- George Simpson was baptised on Sunday 21st August after the Holy Liturgy. Helena and Stephen and their family in Ukraine and Fr Nicholai from Helena's home church have donated a beautiful icon of St Elisabeth for our church. Photos of it will appear shortly.
- On Sunday 16th October Vladika Mark has instructed his clergy to be present with him in London. Thus St Elisabeth's will be open for quiet prayer only on that day.
- The Mhyrr Streaming Hawaiian Icon of the Mother of God will visit our parish in May next year. More details will follow soon. Also on Saturday 13th of May there will be a diocesan Pilgrimage to St Alban's Abbey. Fr Paul, Matushka Elizabeth and Reader Chad will all be involved and it is hoped that as many of us as possible can get to St Albans for the day. Fr Paul will look into the costs of hiring a coach nearer the time.
- Advanced notice. "Lyra", an Orthodox singing group from St Petersburg will be giving a concert in St Elisabeth's next year on May 17th. More details will follow nearer the time.
Father Paul is looking after the Parish of St John of Shanghai in Belfast until there is a new rector. He is next serving the on the 22nd October. Please pray the there will shortly be a replacement for Fr Mladin.
The Choir has begun to record parts of the Liturgy. You can find the these here. or in the drop down menu under 'Our Worship' here..
Choir Practice at Father Paul's house (CH43 2HY) as anounced..
Media at St Elisabeth's. Father Paul records the Readings and the sermon of each Sunday . These recordings can be found under the tab 'Weekly Sermons' on the drop down menu on the left hand side of the website. Just click on the underlined text.
Pilgrimage in July. Father Paul and Matushka joined Father Vladimir on a pilgrimage to Svir and Solovets on July 25th, 2016 with pilgrims from our London Cathedral Parish. Reader Chad, Ludmila,Yulia and Svetlana (T) also joined the pilgrimage. Father Paul will put some material and photos about the pilgrimage on the Diocesan Website in the near future.
New Candlestands. The London Cathedral Parish resolved to gift three candlestands to St Elisabeth's. As always, we are most grateful for the generosity of the Cathedral Parish towards us. Father Paul took two very old candlestands to Ormesby's of Scarisbrick to get them restored. There are photographs of them in use at the wedding of the Tsar's neice in London in 1922. They are already by the central icon. As part of the furnishings of the London Imperial Russian Embassy, they would have been used by the Tsar to say his prayers on his visits to Britain. Fr Paul will put detailed photos of them on the website shortly.