The next Liturgy is on Sunday 23rd October. There is normally a contribution meal after the Liturgy on the last Sunday of the month. In October, this will be the 30th.
- The next anointing service at St Elisabeth's will be on Tuesday 8th November at 19:00. Fr Paul hopes that this service will be served about every 2 months. Please encourage those who are sick or suffering to attend the service. There are always blessed oils available for those who are not Orthodox.
- The next choir practice will be on Tuesday 1st November at 19:30. These take place at Father Paul's house CH43 2HY.
- Pilgrimage to the Shrine of St Werburgh in Chester. It is hoped to gather a pilgrimage to the Shrine of St Werburgh in Chester hopefully on Saturday 18th February 2017. If you are interested, please see Fr Paul or Reader Chad. Once established, it is hoped to make this an annual event on the Saturday nearest her feast day which is Feb /3rd/16th
- The Mhyrr Streaming Hawaiian Icon of the Mother of God will visit our parish in May next year. More details will follow soon. Also on Saturday 13th of May there will be a diocesan Pilgrimage to St Alban's Abbey. Fr Paul, Matushka Elizabeth and Reader Chad will all be involved and it is hoped that as many of us as possible can get to St Albans for the day. Fr Paul will look into the costs of hiring a coach nearer the time.
- Advanced notice. "Lyra", an Orthodox singing group from St Petersburg will be giving a concert in St Elisabeth's next year on May 17th. More details will follow nearer the time.
Father Paul is looking after the Parish of St John of Shanghai in Belfast until there is a new rector. He is next serving the Liturgy on Saturday 4th November. Please pray the there will shortly be a new priest for Northern Ireland.
The Choir has begun to record parts of the Liturgy. You can find the these here. or in the drop down menu under 'Our Worship' here..
Choir Practice at Father Paul's house (CH43 2HY) as anounced..
Media at St Elisabeth's. Father Paul records the Readings and the sermon of each Sunday . These recordings can be found under the tab 'Weekly Sermons' on the drop down menu on the left hand side of the website. Just click on the underlined text.
Pilgrimage in July. Father Paul and Matushka joined Father Vladimir on a pilgrimage to Svir and Solovets on July 25th, 2016 with pilgrims from our London Cathedral Parish. Reader Chad, Ludmila,Yulia and Svetlana (T) also joined the pilgrimage. Father Paul will put some material and photos about the pilgrimage on the Diocesan Website in the near future.
New Candlestands. The London Cathedral Parish resolved to gift three candlestands to St Elisabeth's. As always, we are most grateful for the generosity of the Cathedral Parish towards us. Father Paul took two very old candlestands to Ormesby's of Scarisbrick to get them restored. There are photographs of them in use at the wedding of the Tsar's neice in London in 1922. They are already by the central icon. As part of the furnishings of the London Imperial Russian Embassy, they would have been used by the Tsar to say his prayers on his visits to Britain. Fr Paul will put detailed photos of them on the website shortly.